HARIKA MADDU | EIT
Burnaby, BC, Canada | www.linkedin.com/in/hmaddu
Cell: +1 (604) 721-9691 | email@example.com
Looking to join a progressive organization that has the need for a detail-oriented problem solver with strong critical thinking skills and master’s degree in Structural Engineering. Bringing professional experience, strong knowledge of planning, design of reinforced concrete, steel and wood buildings, and expert skills in ETABS, AutoCAD and all MS Office applications.
Master of Engineering, Civil Engineering January 2020
The University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
Key Courses: Advanced Concrete Design, Design of Steel Structures, Design of Timber Structures, Bridge Engineering, Reliability and Structural Safety, Dynamics of Structures, Computational Mechanics.
Bachelor of Technology, Civil Engineering May 2018
SRM Institute of Science and Technology, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India GPA: 9.61/10
Civil Engineering Softwares: ETABS, AutoCAD, STAADPro, SAP2000, Revit, Primavera, Microsoft Project, Abaqus
Supplementary Softwares: MATLAB, Excel – VBA Macros, Microsoft Office Suite
Engineer, EIT March 2020 – June 2020 Glotman Simpson Group of Companies, Vancouver, Canada
· Worked as an integral part of the lateral design team to develop complex ETABS models and worked on analysis and post processing of various high-rise structures.
· Responsible for the design of lateral loading structural systems for wind and earthquake resistant buildings conforming to CSA and ASCE codes.
· Assisted in writing the structural reports and completed the design packages for various projects.
Graduate Research Assistant May 2019 – Dec 2019 The University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
· Extensive research done on transport properties of self-healing concrete in order to reduce the crack width of concrete structures under the supervision of Dr Nemkumar Banthia, Head of Materials Engineering department.
Structural Design Development For Tree Walk And Tower Welcome Centre, UBC, Canada April 2019
· Effectively analyzed and designed a timber structure for the Tree Walk and Tower Welcome Centre for gravity and lateral loading systems according to NBCC 2015.
· Calculated the gravity loadings and made the structural design detailing using AutoCAD along with a detailed structural report for the design.
Triangle Island Shelter Design, UBC, Canada March 2019
· Performed complete Structural Analysis and designed a lightweight wood structure for the Triangle island shelter.
· Designed the structural elements for sensitive, untouched ecosystem and for extreme weather conditions conforming to NBCC 2015.
· Awarded 2nd prize for the Design of Triangle Island Arch/Eng. Competition, UBC, Canada April 2019
· Awarded merit scholarship for an overall rank of 8 in Civil Department, SRMIST, India. November 2016
Master of Engineering in Civil Engineering at The University of British Columbia
To contact this candidate email firstname.lastname@example.org