Summary: Minex Contractors are recruiting qualified equipment operators at the Campbell Hill Landfill within the Village of Cache Creek.
Equipment Operators will be responsible for the safe, efficient, and effective operation of a variety of heavy equipment typically used at the waste management sites.
All personnel must follow the established policies and procedures of the Facilities in the execution of his/her daily duties.
Duties and Required Skills
· Monitor employee compliance with OH&S rules and standards
· Maintain and foster a clean and organized work environment
· Understand and follow Supplier Maintenance Guidelines for each piece of equipment to achieve optimum efficiency.
· Complete Equipment Checklist Sheets and routine equipment maintenance.
· Some labourer work may be required.
Qualifications & Experience:
· Operator experience: at minimum the applicant will have experience in and around the safe operation and use of heavy construction equipment typically used for landfills and other civil works (Dozer, Track Loader, Packer).
· Previous experience working in a landfill environment is considered an asset.
· Valid Class 1or 3 license will be considered an asset.
Safety. No Excuses. is our most important core value, the successful candidate(s) must embody our Health, Safety and Environment Program by participating, implementing and holding yourself and others accountable to all elements of the program. Successful candidate(s) will be responsible to conduct safety meetings, hazard assessment (JHA, FLHA…etc.) and complete pre- and post-trip inspections.
Work Environment & Physical Demands: Work is outdoors, and conditions may include extreme temperatures and uneven ground. Position requires employee to frequently stand, walk, twist, bend, reach and kneel. Employees must be able to lift 60 – 80 lbs above shoulder height.
Compensation: This position is a CLAC Union role, wages will be in alliance with a union agreement.
There will be no travel compensation or LOA for this role. Applicants must be local to the Cache Creek, Ashcroft areas or willing to travel.
COVID-19 Considerations: Minex Contractors are committed to the health and safety of our workers and take every precaution to maintain distancing and where not practical PPE is provided, including extra cleaning.
Infracon is an award-winning, progressive, full-service civil construction & industrial services group. Formerly known as LNB Construction and Minex Contractors, through strategic mergers, acquisitions, and partnerships, we have evolved into Infracon.
SAFETY & ASSOCIATES