The Accounting Assistant is responsible to support the day-to-day accounting functions primarily in payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable and assisting with the preparation of financial statements. Full cycle accounting will be performed in the role under the supervision of a CPA and will allow for work experience towards the CPA designation.
- Preparing payroll for assigned company
- Vendor setup, account reconciliation and answering vendor inquiries
- Preparation and posting of client invoices
- Processing of accounts payable for payment approval, cheque run & bank reconciliations
- Preparation of Tax Remittances
- Bank deposits and posting of cash receipts
- Preparing journal entries and account reconciliations
- Preparing financial statements and performing variance analysis
- Office admin & support
- Participate as a vital team member and contribute towards the success of the organization, which may involve the provision of other technical and administrative support as required
- Promote a team approach and maintain dialogue with all employees to exchange information and gather ideas
- Collaborate with any project teams on other special initiatives, as required
- Formal accounting education with 1 to 2 years related experience, preferably in the Construction industry
- Payroll experience
- Experience with Timberline Sage Construction Accounting/Job Cost Software System is an asset
- Intermediate to advanced Office Suite (Excel, Word, MS Office)
- Enrollment in CPA is an asset
- Accountability and dependability
- Demonstrate professionalism, strong communication, creativity and problem-solving skills
- Ability to build strong relationships with customers and commitment to providing exceptional service
- Excellent time management and multi-tasking with ability to prioritize in a demanding environment
- Attention to detail and accuracy
Work Environment & Physical Demands: This is an office role that requires the employee to sit at a computer for long periods of time.
Compensation: We offer great benefits, ongoing training, growth opportunities, and a culture built on determination, teamwork, and integrity.
COVID-19 considerations: We are committed to the health and safety of our workers and take every precaution to maintain distancing and where not practical PPE is provided, including extra cleaning.