Social Service Worker Program September 2011-April 2013
St. Clair Secondary School
Sept 2016- Present INTERIOR COMMUNITY SERVICES
Merritt, B.C. Family Support Worker/ Youth Justice
* Involved with multiple programs within ICS.
* Experience supporting youth who have a variety of high risk behaviours or special needs, including: developmental delays; moderate cognitive delays; Autism Spectrum Disorder; drug and alcohol misuse.
* Work in collaboration with local RCMP detachments to provide services for youth involved in the judicial system.
* Experience working with youth, their family, and other professionals and agencies(multi-disciplinary)
* Experience implementing behavior plans and using intervention strategies; using de-escalating and re-directing techniques.
* Well versed in professional daily documenting and completing client records.
* Experience in working under crisis and high stress situations.
* Experience working with youth who display aggressive behaviours.
* Familiarity with local resources and client referrals.
Sept 2014 – 2016
Merritt, B.C. INTERIOR COMMUNITY SERVICES
Supervised Supportive Visitation Supervisor
* Facilitated visits between caregivers and children under contract for MCFD
* Assisted in bringing positive change and growth with families
* Assist families to enhance and maintain health parent/child relationships
* Keep a line of communication between children, foster parents, caregivers and MCFD
* Daily case and time management.
* Weekly planning/ facilitation of multiple youth oriented groups.
STRENGthS and certificates
* Self-motivated and enjoy a challenge
* Can work independently or as part of a team
* Excellent communication skills, comfortable with public speaking
* Computer skills: Word 2010, Excel, Internet, E-mail and can type 60 words a minute.
* Resourceful and confident
* Enthusiastic, outgoing and creative
* Occupational First Aid July. 10th, 2021(future date)
* Safe Talk April. 2019
* Current Criminal Record – Vulnerable sectors check. Valid Jan, 2022
* Youth Justice Training March, 2016
* Class 5 BC licence Valid, 2025
To contact this candidate email email@example.com