Construction Supervisor- Heavy Civil, Pipeline, Earthwork, Roads
Email: Solomanfiras@gmail.com. Cell: 2365180132. Langley BC Canada
Civil Lead- Construction Supervisor
I am a dynamic and motivated Civil Engineer, and Construction Supervisor with a Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering and more than ten years of construction heavy civil and infrastructure projects experience. I am certified mine supervisor and I have successfully led teams of various professionals, supervised small to large groups of workers, consultants, and engineers, and managed multiple construction projects at one time.
I ensured adherence to permit requirements and health and safety regulations for the public and workers. I have sound knowledge of and the ability to manage and monitor construction projects and adept to lead sub-trades, suppliers, and all aspects of a construction site
Project Civil Lead / Construction Supervisor
□ Company: JEC Construction Company Limited
Project: New Port Project (NPP-0085/HPP-100, Strategic Food Security Facilities) | $458M
Aug 2017- Mar 2020
□ Company: Leighton Contracting HLG (BICC)
Project : The New Orbital Highway and Truck Route MOT 03-P023 (Medium Complexity) | $1.68BN
June 2015- July 2017
□ Company: QBC Construction
Project: New Mega Water Security Reservoirs. EPC Contract K401 (High Complexity) | $123.75M
Nov 2010 – Dec 2014
– Worked under the mentorship of superintendent/PM and providing supervision and guidance to assigned work tasks.
– Proactively identify, address and resolve issues with internal and external clients, consultants and field problems.
– Ensures adherence to permits, health and safety policies and procedures and social distancing practices by verifying that weekly and monthly safety audits are performed (work cards, inspections, safety meetings) and that accurate reporting and investigating of accidents and incidents are thoroughly completed
– Interacted with all departments (Project Management, Engineering, human resources, maintenance, safety, environmental, plant operations, loss control, and geology) to meet targets in accordance with company policies and project management plans
– Review drawings and specifications to ensure that the project is built in accordance with the contract. Lead civil-related Value Engineering Assessments when deemed necessary for both internal and external designs with a view of optimizing H& S, cost and schedule attributes
– Manage all the inspection and test plans whenever required for given facilities inclusive of the Non-Compliance Reports (NCRs), processing and following up on all corresponding corrective measures and close-out
– Identify risk elements of construction operation, environmental, and all contract changes that could negatively impact the budget and/or schedule. Sound Knowledge of site remediation strategies to reduce the risks associated with the property’s environmental liabilities
– Monitor change order tracking log to ensure change orders are priced in allotted time as per project contract.
– Review the project contract documents to determine the scope and limit of the contractor’s works and lead a weekly coordination meeting for each contract under the associated disciplines
– Assisting in planning, coordinating activities for the construction under the supervision and direction of Superintendent/PM
– Provide support to the General Supervisor by providing clear guidance and information to accomplish their daily field activities; Ensure that the information developed during the engineering phase is transferred to the construction site
– Work closely with the superintendent to ensure timely and accurate constructability reviews for both external and internal designs for the various project-related facilities– efficiency programs are effective.
Field Engineer / Foreperson – Infrastructure, heavy civil
□ Company: ARC Construction LLC.
Project: The Haramain high-speed railway (HHSR) – Phase I Package 1 (453KM) | $1.8BN
□ Company: Wade Adams Contracting LLC.
Project: International Production Zone Project. Contract P067A-401 (Medium Complexity) | $179M
Mar 2008 – Aug 2010
Apr 2005 – Jan 2008
– Worked with the crew, client and superintendent to understand upcoming requirements and communicate with the dispatcher in organizing the daily activities of the job
– Manage operations personal and equipment in a safe, efficient and productive manner on a day to day basis
– Provide proactive and timely support to the permitting team when solicited to enable timely issuance of the submittals with a view of obtaining the required permits in a timely manner
– Review reports (manpower histograms, plant & equipment schedule) and lead constructability reviews for both external and internal designs for the various project-related facilities
– Coordinate work progress against the approved program and look-ahead schedules, prepare weekly project report for management meeting.
– Schedule material deliveries and assist the Procurement Department in preparing Scopes of Work (SOW) and Technical Specifications as required for various construction packages
– Participate in the development of the Field Work Package for construction for each phase of the work assigned by studying the specifications, IFC drawings and best practices
– Ensure forward planning in the ordering of materials and setting up sub-contractors for layout, delivery of supplies, density and pressure testing and ensure that the environmental concerns were identified and addressed
– Enforce the utilization of the work card and supervision formula principals during the course of every shift
– Analyze resources abilities through daily, weekly and monthly reporting and assigned competent resources to execute the work according to the construction plan.
– Facilitates the installation of equipment and project components to ensure contractors are fulfilling all obligations and that work is carried out according to contracts, specifications, and schedules.
– Liaised with the Construction Manager, leads and engineers to discuss and monitor the progress of the project and address any issues that arise
– Coordinate with the joint venture partners, consultant inspection, and managed subcontractors and suppliers.
– Participate in weekly meetings, organize the related meeting tools. Prepare agendas, distribute meeting minutes, and elaborate an action plan and follow-up on actions.
Education and Training Certifications
B.Sc. Civil Engineering; Canadian Credential 2019 ID. No 20740378-WES2019 –Damascus University
– Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) CANADA
– Mines Supervisor Certificate (Ministry of Energy, Mines and Petroleum resources) BC, CANADA
– APEGS – The Professional Engineers and Geoscientist of Saskatchewan, CANADA, 2020 – (EIT 52305)
– PMI – Project Management Institute, 2015 – PRESENT (PMI ID 3001556)
Personal Suitability& Skills
– Reliable team work and team player.
– Able to work under pressure and respect deadlines in fast base and multi-cultural environment.
– Excellent Personal oral and written communication skills.
– Decision making and judgment; extensive technical problem solving skills.
– Highly effective negotiation, diplomatic, and conflict resolutions skills.
– Knowledge of Workplace Safety and Quality orientation.
– Able to multi task coordinate with the project team and managers.
– Quite mobile, ready to relocate, and flexible to adapt to the changing work environment needs and demands
– Skilful trouble-shooter and experienced in how and where to find answers
Volunteerism: Seniors Resources Society of Langley BC, Canada 2011
Computer Literacy: Microsoft Office suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, outlook.
References available upon request
To contact this candidate email firstname.lastname@example.org