Heavy Equipment Operator
2055 Grasslands Blvd Kamloops BC V2B 0A6
• email@example.com • Phone: 250-371-1092
To apply my training and experience as a heavy equipment operator and construction foreman to gain valuable work
experience and a fulfilling career. Currently, I am working on my Gold Seal Foreman certification, with Canadian Construction Association. Also, I am a member of the First Nation of Nacho Nyak Dun.
Extreme Excavating Ltd – Foreman/Heavy Equipment Operator 2009-Present
· Responsible for supervising equipment operations and field crew.
· Ensuring that safety precautions and measures are followed at all times as well as always working as a contributing team player.
· Started as an equipment operator running excavator, loader, dozer, and CAT M series grader. I now shift between working as a foreman and heavy equipment operator depending on where my skills are required on a specific job site.
New Afton Mine – Underground miner 2012-2013
· Underground mining specializing in Road maintenance services for haul roads and access roads.
· General laborer, operating scoop tram loaders, caterpillar 140 M wheel grader and water trucks for dust control.
Brentwood Enterprises – Labourer/ Heavy Equipment Operator 2006-2009
· Pipe layer, general laborer, packer operator, D 400 E 40 Ton Caterpillar rock truck driver.
· Operated service excavator for backfilling underground utility excavations.
· Operated mainline excavator for underground utilities.
· Loaded trucks with 450 size excavator and 980-wheel loader.
· Operated CAT 420 C backhoe with pipe crew, grading, sloping and ditching.
· Graduated in the class of 2006 from Westyde Secondary School
· Operating Engineers Backhoe/Excavator training course completed in 2007
· First Aid Level 1
· Transportation Endorsement
· Leadership for Safety Excellence
· Confined Spaces
· Construction Industry Ethics
· Supervising for Safety
· WHMIS 2015
· ICBC approved Air Brake Endorsement
· Ability to operate a wide range of equipment
· Punctual, reliable and hardworking individual with a strong work ethic
· Strong safety values, conscious of risk and aware of surroundings at all times
· Strong leadership and teamwork skills
· Mechanically inclined
· Class 5 Drivers License
I have been a member of the Joint Health and Safety Committee for the past 4 years where my duties involve:
· Attending monthly committee meetings
· Evaluating hazards and risks that may cause incidents, injuries, and illness
· Participating in development and implementation of programs to protect the employees’ safety and health
· Assisting the employer in resolving worker health and safety complaints
To contact this candidate email firstname.lastname@example.org