Hashem Batayneh, PMP, MCIArb
Vancouver, British Colombia
Mobile: 604-710-0622 Email: email@example.com LinkedIn: Click Here
A highly skilled and knowledgeable Project and Contract Manager with twelve years of significant and demonstrable experience working in large infrastructure projects. Possess a comprehensive hands on experience in contract law, construction megaprojects, P3s, and several standard form contracts. Able to work productively with a range of key stakeholders handling claims, resolving arising disputes with different contracting parties, and ensuring the acquirement of commercially advantageous terms.
· Detailed knowledge and experience in international construction projects and contracts.
· Full understanding of contract management and Construction Law.
· Demonstrable project management experience throughout all phases from initiating to closing.
· Extensive and successful experience in claims management and alternative dispute resolution techniques in the construction field.
· Strong analytical and planning skills.
· Excellent communication skills and tailoring language to speak to different stakeholders.
· Time management skills and commitment to meeting targets and deadlines.
· Highly effective team building, leading, and development skills. Constructing and leading effective teams with a diversity of backgrounds.
· Negotiation skills and ability to manage and resolve conflicts.
· Attention to detail and a comprehensive focus on time, scope, quality and positive project outcomes.
· Thorough knowledge of MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project.
· Fluent in English and Arabic.
Projects Director 2015 – 2019
· Set up and managed a housing and construction consultancy and delivered key projects in a timely and cost effective manner. Projects included overseeing the construction of a $2.3 million housing development, reviewing claims and variations for a glazing contractor, and drafting asset management manuals for clients
· Liaised with a range of clients from several countries to agree on construction consultancy projects, fees, and timescales
· Prepared, evaluated, and responded to tender documents for housing development projects and managed the signing and implementation of all contracts with the successful bidders
· Ensured best project quality, on time completion, and excellent stakeholder relationships by keeping in close contact with clients and accurately reporting on project progress and performance to stakeholders at all levels
· Assisted in recovering a client’s loss and expense for a period of 14 weeks in relation to prolongation on site
Technical Assets Manager 2013 – 2015
Saraya Development Group
· Established and managed the Technical Operations Department during the pre-opening phase of a $1.64 billion real estate development project and was responsible for outlining the project’s technical aspects and managing its technical requirements to ensure that the construction works were in accordance with the project’s operational requirements, standards, and KPIs
· Evaluated tender documents in relation to third party service providers and negotiated contracts with contractors and service providers. Contracts included district cooling, electrical and telecom networks, lifts, security systems, and building management system
· Developed a 20 year lifecycle cost model for a complex containing 720 luxurious residential and commercial units which resulted in the development of an accurate service charge plan and a detailed lifecycle inventory for 20 years
· Reviewed and amended the construction plans for Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing (MEP) works and IT systems and evaluated variation orders from contractual and operational perspectives
· Created the project’s operational readiness documents, transition plan, and the Technical Concessionaire Handbook for the leasable commercial areas
· Coordinated communications between the employer, contractors, and specialist teams by conducting biweekly technical meetings which reduced the amount of contractual claims and enhanced the spirit of trust and cooperation
Professional Experience (continued)
Electromechanical Projects Section Head 2009 – 2013
Airport International Group
· Managed the Electromechanical Projects Section of a $1 billion Build-Operate-Transfer (BOT) project to rehabilitate, expand, and operate Queen Alia International Airport and build a new terminal building and oversaw the MEP works and IT systems of the EPC contractor to ensure they met the high standards of quality, security, and health and safety
· Evaluated and negotiated tender documents related to the fuel hydrant system and the telecommunication coverage both technically and financially and in accordance with the project and contractual requirements
· Was a part of the Operational Readiness and Airport Transfer Team (ORAT) and was responsible for coordinating between different teams and stakeholders to ensure successful and on time transfer to the new terminal building
· Managed the project of demolishing the old terminal building in accordance with the contractual and authority requirements
· Built and managed relationships with contractors to maximise their productivity and drive down costs
· Modified the project’s program dependencies which reduced the original project’s duration by 33 days
· Proposed a new commercial area which has been implemented and has increased the project’s operational revenue
· Improved employees’ moral and dedication through participating in the Employee Recognition Committee and organizing the employee recognition events
Electrical Design Engineer 2008 – 2009
Arabtech Jardaneh Engineers and Architects
· Offered high quality engineering design and review expertise on multiple projects at different stages. Projects included construction of medical sites, renewable energy facilities, roads, hotels, and corporate headquarters in different countries in the MENA region
· Built positive relationships with clients and key stakeholders by understanding their needs and requirements and including those in the design and analysis work
Low Current Systems Site Engineer 2007 – 2008
· Worked on the Jordan Armed Forces New General Headquarters Complex Project which later became King Hussain Business Park
· Supervised and installed low current systems including data telephony, sound, VoIP, and security systems
· Followed up on site progress and prepared weekly and monthly progress reports
Education and Training
Post Degree Diploma in Business Administration 2020 – 2021
Langara College, Canada
LLM Construction Law (with Merit) 2017 – 2018
University of Strathclyde, United Kingdom
BSc Electrical Engineering 2002 – 2007
University of Jordan, Jordan
Work-Based Training Various Dates
Engineering Arbitration Certificate (2017)
FIDIC Modules 2, 3 and 4 (2017)
Finance for Non Finance Professionals Training (2014)
Professional Diploma in Engineering Management (2010)
Member of the Jordanian Engineers Association and holding the designation of Professional Engineer (P. Eng.) since July 2019 (ID 423125).
Member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators and holding the MCIArb grade since October 2018 (ID 39993).
Registered Project Management Professional (PMP) by the Project Management Institute since May 2017 (ID 2038882).
To contact this candidate email firstname.lastname@example.org