Website Lower Nicola Site Services
Summary: This role is a shift work position performing a variety of tasks to operate and maintain crushing operations. Candidates with crushing or operator experience will be given preference however on the job training is conducted for less experienced workers.
Safety. No Excuses. is our most important core value, the successful candidate(s) must embody our Health, Safety and Environment Program by participating, implementing and holding yourself and others accountable to all elements of the Program. Successful candidate(s) will participate in safety meetings, hazard assessment (JHA, FLHA…etc.) and complete pre and post-trip inspections.
- Complete general physical labor duties including shoveling, cleaning belts and assisting in screen changes and linear changes
- Move tools, equipment and construction materials to and from work areas
- Operate crushing loader, skid steer and excavator feeding a crusher or similar operations
- Complete inspections on equipment and notify supervisor of all defects
- Operate equipment in a safe manner in accordance with all local laws and regulations
- Service/maintenance of crushing equipment
- Other job-related duties as required
- Completion of a Corporate and site-specific Orientation
- WHMIS2015 training
- Successful Fit Test and fitting of a respirator
- Valid Class 5 Drivers License
- Feed plant and load trucks safely and efficiently
- Keep materials within job specifications
- Operate a loader/excavator safely in a high production setting
- Repair and maintain equipment, those who are mechanically inclined will be given preference
- Basic PPE to be supplied by the worker (boots, hi-visibility vest, hardhat and safety glasses). The Company will provide any specialized PPE.
- Ability to take direction and work as a part of a team
Physical Demands: Position requires employee to frequently stand, walk, twist, bend, reach and kneel. Employees must be able to lift 60 – 80 lbs above shoulder height.
Work Environment: Position is shift work. Work is outdoors, and conditions include very cold or temperatures dependent on the season, wind, flying dust, and uneven ground.
Compensation: The company offers great benefits, ongoing training, growth opportunities, and a culture built on determination, teamwork, and integrity.
There will be no travel compensation or LOA for this role. Applicants must be local to the area near the Highland Valley Copper Mine.