Website Infracon Construction Inc.
Infracon offers great benefits, ongoing training, growth opportunities, and a culture built on determination, teamwork, and integrity.
The Accounting Assistant is responsible to support the day-to-day accounting functions primarily in payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable and assisting with the preparation of financial statements.
- Preparing payroll for assigned company
- Vendor setup, account reconciliation and answering vendor inquiries
- Preparation and posting of client invoices
- Processing of accounts payable for payment approval
- Check run and bank reconciliations
- Preparation of Tax Remittances
- Bank deposits and posting of cash receipts
- Preparing journal entries and account reconciliations
- Office admin & support
- Participate as a vital team member and contribute towards the success of the organization, which may involve the provision of other technical and administrative support as required
- Promote a team approach and maintain dialogue with all employees to exchange information and gather ideas
- Collaborate with any project teams on other special initiatives, as required
- Formal Accounting education with 1 to 2 years related experience, preferably in the Construction industry
- Enrollment in CPA would be an asset
- Experience with Timberline Sage Construction Accounting/Job Cost Software System is an asset
- Intermediate to advanced Office Suite (Excel, Word, MS Office)
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to build strong relationships with customers and commitment to providing exceptional service
- Excellent time management and multi-tasking with ability to prioritize in a demanding environment
- Strong communication, creativity and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrate professionalism
- Excellent communications skills
- Have a sense of urgency to meet deadlines
- Accountability and dependability
- Commitment to ethics and integrity
- Accomplish goals in a team environment
- Attention to detail
- Excellent sense of balance
- High energy and ability to manage stress
Work Environment & Physical Demands: This is an office role that requires the employee to sit at a computer for long periods of time.
Compensation: Infracon offers great benefits, ongoing training, growth opportunities, and a culture built on determination, teamwork, and integrity.